Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A very, very good man!

"I came from Pakistan with a dream...yes...to open the Dream Cafe and to serve tacos, moussaka and franks and beans. Then Jerry tells me: "Perhaps you might serve some dishes from your native Pakistan? As opposed to franks and beans for example. You would have the only authentic Pakistani restaurant in the whole neighborhood." So I close down and open a Pakistani restaurant. You see how I listened. I worked very hard, borrowed more money, and I did it, but nobody came! He say: "Make Pakistani, Babu Bhatt have only Pakistani restaurant." But where are people? You see people? Show me people. There are no people! So I follow another American custom: I sue him because he is a very very bad man. And Mr. Kardisch convinced Judge Vandelay that it was all Jerry's fault and I get back all of my money. Mr. Kardisch is a good man...a very, very good man!" Babu Bhatt, somewhere in Pakistan

No comments: